Saturday, October 12, 2013

Rune Factory 4 Marriage to Dylas + Tips

Summer of my third year and I'm happily married to Dylas.
This week all I have been doing was studying for exams and doing assignments. I had to throw RF4 and Voltage games aside in order to concentrate. I only played the short specials / spin offs when I was on a break. There are so many sequels and a few main stories out. Now that it's the weekend, I picked up my 3DS again and started my Dylas event hunt.
I saw his sub event at winter of my second year then I triggered his reverse proposal event at summer of my third year. 

Many players use the trick of keeping the candidate in their party and continuously sleep over and over again so that once they leave the party it will signal an event involving them is happening. I think that trick is nice, but it does not always work and may require weeks-months-years of sleeping. The more efficient way is to actually greet all the villages everyday and trigger more town events. The more town events you have seen, the more likely you will get to trigger your own candidate's events since you get those out of the way first.

After seeing Dylas' sub event, I saw about 3-4 more town events before I triggered the reverse proposal. If you keep greeting the villagers and get through the town events, there is about a few days of gap in between each town event. And of course, town events itself may take a few days to complete. After completing a town event, try to use that sleeping trick and see if your candidate leaves your party. Save before you do so, in case there is no sign of your candidate's event and you want to return back to that day. Then continue greeting and triggering town events and try the trick again. Repeat this cycle and you should get your sub event / reverse proposal very soon.
I completed the second arc of the main plot very early on in my first year and I neglected greeting the villagers since I was out battling monsters from early morning to morning again. And because of this, I only saw 4-5 town events in all. And so when I tried the sleeping trick, it took many weeks to months before I saw one event with Dylas, and it wasn't even his required events for marriage. Then I returned to my last save and started to greet the villagers everyday and see more town events. As a result, the chance of seeing Dylas' own events was then increased. If you don't complete a certain number of town events, it is a lot harder to see your candidate's required events. So do not neglect your villagers and associate with them more.

No comments:

Post a Comment