Sunday, June 15, 2014

Be My Princess II - Sieg Lieben Main Story Episode 3

〇〇 First Name, 〇〇〇 Last Name
[This is all hand typed so there may be mistakes]

You're working as a pastry chef aboard a luxurious boat party when you end up as Sieg's dance partner yet again... and then you stay the night in his room?!

At the party abroad the boat, I watch Prince Sieg uneasily...

... after hearing the rumor about DresVan.

(Does Sieg know about the rumors?)

Maid "Miss 〇〇〇."

〇〇 "Yes?"

Maid "There's some leftover food in the back. Feel free to take some when you have the time."

〇〇 "Oh, thank you."

(I haven't eaten anything since breakfast so I'm pretty hungry...)

As I'm about to head to the back, a voice calls out to stop me.

Hans "Miss 〇〇〇, could I have a moment?"

〇〇 "Hans?"

Hans "Could you come with me?"

〇〇 "Huh, what is it?"

Hans "I have a request from Sieg."

I glance towards Sieg and see him talking with a beautiful woman. Must be a noble.

〇〇 "But Sieg's talking to someone over there..."

Hans "For now, if you could follow me?"

〇〇 "W-Wait a minute."

(Just when I thought I could finally get some food...)

Hans leads me out of the hall almost forcibly.


Maids "Miss 〇〇〇, we've been expecting you."

When I enter the room Hans has brought me to, a number of maids greet me with a bow.

〇〇 "What the...?"

Hans "We are here to help you transform..."

Hans "...into Sieg's partner for the night."

〇〇 "Partner... I think there's plenty of other people here to be his partner..."

Hans "But you are the one Prince Sieg asked for."

Hans "By the way, this dress is one that Prince Sieg chose especially for you."

A gorgeous evening dress is hanging inside the room.

(Ooh... it's stunning...)

While I'm captivated by the dress, the maids surround me so I can't move.

Maid "This jewelry was also personally chosen by Prince Sieg."

Maid "Would you like your hair done up? Or would you prefer it down?"

〇〇 "W-Wait a minute!"

Hans "Well then, I'll be waiting for you outside."

Hans leaves the room with a satisfied smile.



After changing, I'm handed over to Hans who is waiting in the corridor.

Hans "Miss 〇〇〇, you look lovely."

〇〇 "Thank you, but..."

〇〇 "Why does Sieg want me as his partner?"

〇〇 "When we had dinner before, and tonight... I don't get it."

Hans "You don't know...?"

〇〇 "No."

Hans "I can't say myself what my master is thinking, but..."

Hans "You might be able to get a hint tonight."

〇〇 "Huh...?"

Hans smiles slightly, then opens the door to the hall.



The room is now a dance floor, and the music begins to play.

The ornate skirts of the women swirl along with the melody as they search for a partner.

(I'm definitely out of place here...)

Just as I feel like running away, I meet Sieg's eyes.

(Oh...)

Sieg "Excuse me."

The prince excuses himself from the woman he's talking to and walks over to me.


Sieg "Your hand..."

The prince says, holding his hand straight out to me.

The smile on his face isn't the sarcastic one he usually wears.

My stomach churns at the tenderness sparkling in his eyes.

〇〇 "Okay..."

Without thinking I put my hand in his.

He presses a kiss to it, then gently leads me out onto the floor.

I don't even hear the buzz around me.

We stop in the center of the hall, and Prince Sieg begins to lead me into the dance.

Except the prince isn't really looking at me.

(Usually he'd be making a sarcastic remark or two.)

Make a Choice:
A: "What's the matter?"
B: Don't ask anything.
C: Stare at him.

I want to ask what's the matter, but I don't say anything.

Then Sieg opens his mouth.

Sieg "What's wrong?"

〇〇 "Huh? What do you mean?"

Sieg "You haven't said a word. Usually you're all barbs and sarcasm."

〇〇 "It's because I'm nervous, and you seem different than usual."

Sieg "I'm not. I'm the same as always."

〇〇 "Really...?"

It's a little awkward, but some of my tension melts away against the serene music.

*grumble*

(Crap! My stomach's rumbling...!)

I instinctively look down in embarrassment.

Prince Sieg doesn't react, and continues his graceful steps.

(Phew... Looks like he didn't notice.)

Sieg "You wait here."

〇〇 "Okay."

After the dance is over, I stand by the wall like Sieg tells me to.

Just then, Hans comes over, pushing a cart.

Hans "Miss 〇〇〇, I've brought you some food."

Hans "I thought you might be hungry."

〇〇 "Oh, thank you."

(I'm so hungry my stomach protested during the dance...)

〇〇 "Ooh! You brought rice balls! Is it okay to eat them?"

Hans "Of course."

〇〇 "Mm! Delicious!"

Hans "Hehe, you must really like rice balls."

〇〇 "Yeah, and I can't help but be happy to see familiar food."

〇〇 "The food at the parties is always fantastic, but..."

〇〇 "...I think rich food upsets my stomach. It always hurts when I get home..."

Hans "I'm glad to see you so happy."

〇〇 "But why do you have plain old rice here...?"

Hans "Well..."

??? "I said I'd make something for you, didn't I?"

Prince Sieg reappears, looking proud.

〇〇 "What do you mean?"

Sieg "Geez, you're so slow... I made these."

〇〇 "What?!"

〇〇 "B-But this is like... ordinary home cooking."

〇〇 "Why do you know..."

Sieg "My grandmother taught me."

〇〇 "Your grandmother... King Joshua's Queen?"

Sieg "Yeah, that's right."

The story of Prince Joshua and his princess was well-known.

They overcame countless hardships to be together.

Even now, the Queen was an icon of admiration for girls around the world.

Sieg "I learned to cook from my grandmother."

Sieg "She was from a common background, so these are all simple foods..."

Sieg "The taste isn't bad though."

〇〇 "I see..."

Sieg "Try something else."

〇〇 "Okay."

I take a bite of omelet.

(I can't believe Sieg made such lovely comfort food...)

Sieg "How is it...?"

〇〇  "This is really good too. It's somehow comforting and filling." 

I say wholeheartedly, and Sieg's expression relaxes.

Sieg "I thought these flavors would be perfect for you."

My heart flutters in surprise as he shows a smile of pure enjoyment. A first!

(I didn't know he could smile like that...)

Sieg "Anyways, are you gonna eat them all?"

〇〇 "Yeah, I'm really hungry."

Sieg "I know. Your stomach was rumbling during the dance."

〇〇 "Argh, you noticed?!"

Sieg "There's no way I couldn't, being so close to you."

(S-So embarrassing...)

Sieg "But even if you're that hungry, can you really eat all this?"

〇〇 "I can! Anyway, it'd be a waste to leave it when you made it just for me."

Sieg "Hahaha!"

〇〇 "Is something funny?"

Sieg "No, you just reminded me of how my grandmother always used to say 'don't waste food'."

Sieg "You remind me of her."

〇〇 "I do...?"

??? "Hey Pastry Cutie, what are you eating there?"

I turn around to see Prince Oliver, Prince Hayden, Prince Aslan...

... and Prince Kuon of the Oriens Kingdom.

〇〇 "Um, Prince Sieg cooked me some special food that his grandmother taught him to make."

Kuon "I heard the rumors, but you really are smitten, aren't you?"

Sieg "I don't know what you're talking about."

Oliver "And yet, the two of you were off in your own little world during that dance."

Sieg "Did you come to mock me?"

Oliver "Whoa, scary! Can I try some of this too?"

Sieg "It's not for you."

I'm preoccupied with their banter when...

Aslan "Thanks for the delicious cake earlier."

Prince Aslan takes my hands in his with a charming smile.

〇〇 "Oh, not at all..."

Sieg interrupts sharply.

Sieg "Aslan... you don't need to show gratitude over a mere cake."

Sieg "It's her job to make excellent desserts."

(That's true, but...)

I'm pissed off at Prince Sieg's sudden return to spitefulness.

Prince Hayden just chuckles.

Hayden "You've gotta be less confrontational, Sieg."

He murmurs in a low voice, giving a meaningful look in my direction.

(Huh...?)

I gaze into his clear blue eyes, filled with a strange emotion.


The party is drawing to a close.

When I step out onto the deck the night sky is twinkling with stars overhead.

〇〇 "Huh? The boat's not heading back to the port tonight?!"

Kuon "You didn't know...?"

〇〇 "No..."

(What should I do... Is there somewhere for me to stay?)

As I'm worrying, Prince Sieg calls to Hans.

Sieg "Hans, go and check."

Hans "Yes, right away."

Hans "I'm so sorry! It seems like there was a mix-up and no room has been prepared for you..."

〇〇 "Really..."

Oliver "There isn't a spare room for her?"

Hans "I checked, but unfortunately they're all full..."

Aslan "Well, this is a problem."

〇〇 "I-It's fine! I can sleep on that bench over there."

Kuon "That's a bench... and it's outside."

Sieg "Pfft... Hahaha!"

Sieg "You're a funny girl, offering to sleep out on the deck!"

Prince Sieg is holding his sides in laughter.

(There's no need to laugh so hard...)

Sieg "I'm impressed by your boldness, but I can't allow that."

Prince Sieg suddenly takes hold of my arm.

Sieg "Come with me."

〇〇 "S-Sieg, wait! Where are you taking me?"

Sieg "To my room."

〇〇 "Huh?!"

Sieg "Your other clothes are there, so it's perfect, right?"

〇〇 "S-Sieg?!"

Oliver "Your other clothes...?"

(Crap, that gives the wrong impression...!)

Aslan "So it's already... like that between you two?"

Make a Choice:
A: Say nothing.
B: Deny it.
C: Dodge the question.

〇〇 "No! Don't get the wrong idea!"

Oliver "Really?"

Sieg "Yeah. 〇〇 just used my room when she changed into her dress."

Oliver "But it's pretty suspicious the way you were both so quick to deny it..."


Hans "Go ahead."

〇〇 "Okay..."

Despite having been in the room before, I enter hesitantly.

(What am I doing? Am I really going to spend the night in Sieg's room...?)

For the time being, I sit on the sofa and sip the herbal tea Hans gives me.

I'm tense, keenly aware of Prince Sieg's presence next to me.

Sieg "Hans, that'll be all for today."

Hans "Understood. Well then, excuse me and good night."

*ker-chak*

My body stiffens further as I hear the door close.

Sieg "What is it? You've been awfully quiet. Are you ill?"

〇〇 "N-No, I'm fine..."

I raise my head while speaking, and find myself face-to-face with Sieg.

〇〇 "!"

Sieg "Uh..."

I hurriedly look away, and an awkward atmosphere settles over us.

(Why am I so aware of his presence?)

(Is it because of Oliver and the others' teasing?)

Prince Sieg clears his throat softly.

Sieg "Today must have been tiring for you."

〇〇 "No, everyone was so pleased with the cake..."

〇〇 "...and I got to try your cooking... so it was an amazing day."

Sieg "Really? It's been a while since I cooked, so it was fun for me too."

Sieg "I often cooked for parties back in DresVan, but..."

Sieg "...recently, they haven't had the right sort of atmosphere for it."

〇〇 "Oh?"

Sieg "Yeah. There are a lot more parties I skip out on now."

Sieg "They all just feel pointless."

(Right, Oliver and the others said there were a lot of extravagant parties...)

Sieg "They're completely different..."

Sieg "The King..."

〇〇 "Sieg...?"

The prince frowns for a moment.

Sieg "No, it's nothing..."

Sieg "By they way, about your cakes..."

〇〇 "Y-Yes?"

Sieg "Give me the recipe."

〇〇 "The recipe...?"

Sieg "Yeah, I wanna challenge myself to bake cakes next."

Sieg "I've already mastered general cooking."

〇〇 "You're gonna bake... heheh."

The image I have of him baking is kinda cute.

Sieg "Are you laughing at me?"

〇〇 "No... I think that's a great idea."

〇〇 "You're so good at cooking, I'm sure you'll get the hang of baking right away."

Sieg "You think so?"

Prince Sieg looks pleased, then his eyes soften.

Seig "Your cakes have a nostalgic taste, just like the food my grandmother made."

Sieg "I want to try and reproduce them myself."

(Oh...)

My heart flutters.

His expression is tender, like when he held his hand out to me on the dance floor.

He blinks, and I find myself captivated by his long, eyelashes.

Sieg "Well, let's go to bed. Get up."

Prince Sieg takes me by the arm and pulls me towards the bedroom.

〇〇 "T-To bed?!"

Sieg "What? It's late. We should sleep."

〇〇 "It's not that..."

Sieg "Or is it that you want a goodnight kiss?"

The prince lifts my chin and brings his face close to mine.

〇〇 "...!"

Sieg "You're incredibly stubborn, but you lose your nerve pretty quick."

〇〇 "T-That's not true."

Sieg "Then you don't mind?"

*ker-chak*

Prince Sieg opens the bedroom door.

(N-No way... What's gonna happen to me...?!)

This is the end of your 3rd day with Sieg.

No comments:

Post a Comment