Thursday, June 19, 2014

Be My Princess II - Sieg Lieben Main Story Episode 4

〇〇 First Name, 〇〇〇 Last Name
[This is all hand typed so there may be mistakes]

Sieg suddenly appears at the store asking you to teach him to bake! And you hear the other princes saying something about love at first sight...?

Sieg "So you won't mind?"

Prince Sieg grins at me and opens the door to the bedroom.

Only he pushes me in alone.

〇〇 "Huh?"

Sieg "You look disappointed?"

Sieg "Did you think we were gonna sleep together?"

〇〇 "Wha...?!"

He looks like he's enjoying himself as he watches me turn bright red.

Sieg "Sleep well."

〇〇 "Wait, what about you?"

Sieg "I'll sleep in the living room."

〇〇 "But this is your room... so I should..."

Sieg "You might not be nobility, but you're still a woman."

Sieg "Making a woman sleep on the sofa wouldn't be very prince-like."

Sieg "So get to bed."

〇〇 "Thank you..."


The next morning...

Hans "Good morning, Miss 〇〇〇."

Hans "Did you sleep well?"

〇〇 "Yes, thank you... Um, where's Sieg?"

Hans "Sieg is attending a breakfast meeting."

Hans "He won't be back until just before the ship docks."

〇〇 "I see... I've got work at the store, so I have to leave as soon as we arrive."

(I wanted to thank him directly...)

I hand over the note I've been carrying to Hans.

〇〇 "This is the recipe Sieg said he wanted yesterday."

〇〇 "Could you give it to him?"

〇〇 "And please also thank him for letting me use his bedroom."

Hans takes the note firmly in his hands.

Hans "I'll make sure he gets it."

〇〇 "Thank you."

Hans "Um, Miss 〇〇〇?"

〇〇 "Yes?"

Hans "Did you have fun last night?"

I think of everything that happened yesterday: the beautiful dress and the dancing...

...Sieg's cooking, and when he asked for the recipe.

〇〇 "Yes, I had a fantastic time!"

Hans smiles in relief.

I leave the boat with a wonderful memory I'll treasure forever.


One day, a week after the party on the boat...

(Sieg hasn't come by at all lately...)

Yosef "〇〇, the store's getting a bit busy."

Yosef "Could you give me a hand?"

〇〇 "Of course."


〇〇 "Welcome!"

I greet the customers crowding the store.

Except rather than the cakes, they're all staring at a man in dark sunglasses.

Employee "Hey, 〇〇. That guy's pretty hot, right?"

Employee "I feel like I've seen him before. Is he an actor?"

〇〇 "Yeah, I feel like I recognize him too..."

The man turns towards me and starts to come over.

Man "Who's the pastry chef who wrote this recipe?"

My eyes widen as I see the note he's holding out.

〇〇 "T-That's mine! Sie--"

I stop and press my hand to my mouth in a fluster.

The note he's showing me is the cake recipe I gave to Prince Sieg.

〇〇 "I'm the one who wrote it."

〇〇 "Excuse me, but could we step outside?"


〇〇 "What's going on? What are you thinking coming by the store unprotected!?"

〇〇 "It'll be complete chaos if they find out you're THE Prince Sieg!"

Sieg "That's why I'm in disguise. Duh."

〇〇 "Disguise...?"

Sieg "It's your fault I came out unprotected to your little cake shop, you know."

〇〇 "What do you mean?"

Sieg "You left your recipe behind and not a word after."

〇〇 "Not a word...?"

(I can't just dial the castle and expect to speak to him!)

(And I left him that recipe because he asked for it!)

Sieg "I told you I wanted to recreate your cake myself."

Sieg "You expect a perfectionist like me to do it by following directions on a paper?"

〇〇 "What are you talking about?"

Sieg "Connect the dots with that plebeian mind of yours already..."

Sieg "I'm saying I want you to teach me how to make this cake."

〇〇 "Teach you? But..."

I press up against the wall as he leans over me.

Sieg "I won't take no for an answer. I'm not about cutting corners."

Sieg "When I need to accomplish something, I do it right. You're gonna help me."


Yosef "〇〇, I'm impressed that you're staying behind to practice! Good luck."

〇〇 "T-Thanks. See you later."

After I see Yosef off, there's a knock at the back door.

I open the door and Prince Sieg comes in.

Sieg "Late as usual. How long were you gonna keep me waiting?"

〇〇 "I couldn't help it. I had to wait until all the staff left."

I'd agreed to teach Prince Sieg how to make the cake.

I wanted to avoid a ruckus with the customers, so...

... I convinced him to come after we had closed for the day.

Sieg "Let's get started."

The prince washes his hands with plenty of gusto.

〇〇 "Okay, let's start with laying out the ingredients and the bakeware."

Sieg "Lay out the ingredients and bakeware...? Isn't that simple common sense?"

〇〇 "Yes, but it's very important when baking."

〇〇 "Using the right tools and measurements matter if you want it to come out right."

Sieg "So if cooking is an art... baking is an exact science!"

Sieg "Is this how you mix the flour?"

〇〇 "Yep. Take big scoops from the bottom of the bowl."

Sieg "Big scoops..."

Absorbed in his baking, I notice he's meeker than usual.

(He's pretty light on the sarcastic commentary today.)

(He's got his game face on, too.)

Sieg "Didn't I already tell you it's rude to stare?"

〇〇 "Uh, sorry."

〇〇 "I was just thinking there's something different about you today."

Sieg "Are my baking skills whisking your heart away?"

〇〇 "O-Of course not!"

(Geez, I was a bit too quick to deny that.)

Sieg "Baking is whole different beast than cooking."

〇〇 "That's because it requires a different skill set."

Sieg "Right, so even though I might be good at cooking..."

〇〇 "You really do love to cook, don't you?"

Sieg "Yeah, I guess it's my hobby."

〇〇 "Your grandmother would be very pleased to hear that."

I watch him work and feel a warmth wash over me.

*rattle rattle*

Suddenly I hear the sound of the store door opening.

We lock eyes in a panic.

〇〇 "W-What do we do? Someone's coming!"

〇〇 "Sieg, you've gotta hide!"

Sieg "Hide? I'm not doing something that undignified!"

〇〇 "There's not time to be a picky prince!"

〇〇 "Over here!"

I push him towards the shadow of the closet.

Except as I push at him, I stumble right into...

〇〇 "Argh!"

Sieg "What are you doing?"

(Uh...)

Prince Sieg catches me and I find my face pressed against his chest.

My heart starts to pound at the feel of his strong arms wrapped around me.

〇〇 "S-Sorry..."

Sieg "N-No problem.."

Just then we hear the sound of the kitchen door opening.

Employee "Huh? Is someone here?"

I hurriedly try to pull away from Prince Sieg, but...

Sieg "Don't move. You'll look like a weirdo if you pop out of the closet."

He whispers into my ear, squeezing his arms around me tighter."

〇〇 "But..."

(My heart's thumping so loud I'm sure they'll hear it...!)

Employee "Must be 〇〇... She did say she was going to stay and practice."

My coworker looks around as if checking for a forgotten item, and leaves the kitchen.

The store door closes, and I let out my breath.

Sieg "Is she gone?"

〇〇 "Yeah."

Make a Choice:
A: "That was a thrill."
B: "My heart's pounding."
C: "That was a shock."

〇〇 "My heart's pounding!"

Sieg "Your heart?"

〇〇 "Yeah, I didn't think anyone would come back tonight."

Sieg "So that's what you mean..."

〇〇 "What do you think I meant?"

Sieg "Nothing."

Sieg "It's a pain to work in secret like this."

〇〇 "Yeah, we might get caught eventually."

Sieg "Next time you'll come and teach me at the castle."

〇〇 "Huh?"


A few days later...

After work, I once again find myself on my way to Nobel Michel Castle.

(I never thought I'd be coming back here again...)

My nerves get the better of me as Hans comes out to meet me.

Hans "Thank you very much for coming all the way here."

〇〇 "Not at all, it's an honor to be able to use the castle kitchens again."

Hans "Sieg's in a meeting that is running overtime..."

Hans "Would you wait for him in the kitchens?"

〇〇 "Okay."


As I'm preparing in the kitchen, I hear the sound of voices approaching.

Oliver "Oh, there you are, Pastry Cutie!"

〇〇 "Oliver... It's been a while."

Prince Aslan and Prince Hayden appear behind Prince Oliver.

Aslan "We're all gonna go out for drinks tonight, but Sieg turned us down."

Oliver "When we asked what he was doing, he said he had a lesson with you."

Hayden "He was pretty secretive about it..."

Sieg "So this is where you went when you all suddenly disappeared."

Prince Sieg comes into the kitchen frowning.

Oliver "Well, when we heard the Pastry Cutie was here, we just had to pay her a visit!"

Sieg "You don't need to go out of your way to say hi."

(Sieg's acting particularly venomous to the other princes...)

Oliver "What's this for?"

〇〇 "That's for sifting the flour."

Oliver "Ooh, I see. I kinda wanna give it a try too."

Oliver "What about you, Hayden? You wanna try baking?"

Hayden "I... don't really care."

Aslan "Will you teach us too?"

Make a Choice:
A: "Of course."
B: I'm sorry.
C: "Another time."

I look to gauge Prince Sieg's reaction...

Sieg "..."

(I think it's probably best to say no?)

〇〇 "I'm sorry, I promised to give Sieg a one-on-one lesson."

Aslan "Oh well, never mind."

Oliver "Well, you'd better at least let us try the sweets you two make."

Oliver "That's not too much to ask, is it Sieg?"

Sieg "Hm? Uh, sure..."

〇〇 "Today we're making cookies, so it shouldn't take long."

Hayden "Oh, you make cookies too?"

〇〇 "Yep. Sieg's a quick learner..."

〇〇 "...so we'll be trying lots of different things, not just cookies."

Aslan "We'll be looking forward to trying them."

After the three princes leave, Prince Sieg lets out a big sigh.

Sieg "Those guys even butt into my private time..."

〇〇 "It's nice though, it proves they're your friends."

〇〇 "And you're all working hard together for the Expo."

Sieg "I just..."

Prince Sieg gazes at me.

〇〇 "What is it?"

Sieg "No, it's nothing."

Sieg "Should I start by melting the butter?"


I walk down the corridor holding a tray of freshly baked cookies.

Prince Sieg had a sudden phone call about his public duties...

...so I'm going on ahead and bringing the cookies to the princes.

(Hehe, I bet everyone will be surprised at how well he made them.)

Just then, I hear my name spoken from inside the room where the three are waiting.

"〇〇 is..."

(Huh? Me?)

I stop in front of the door, hesitant to enter.

Oliver "Sieg must be really into her."

Oliver "I can't believe he invited her to the castle."

Aslan "How long's it been going on? It seems like he's known her since..."

Aslan "...before he chose her as a candidate bride."

Oliver "Probably since that party."

Oliver "I heard that he gave her a lift on the way to the castle or something."

Aslan "That was it?"

Oliver "Maybe it was love at first sight?"

Hayden "You seriously think that could happen to Sieg?"

Aslan "But... it's not like I don't understand his feelings."

Aslan "That girl does have a mysterious charm. She makes everything around her seem brighter."

(Sieg fell for me at first sight...? There's absolutely no way...)

??? "〇〇."

〇〇 "Wha?!"

My heart leaps into my throat as a voice calls out from behind me.

Sieg "What are you doing loitering around there?"

〇〇 "Um I-I brought the cookies but... they seem to be having an important conversation."

Sieg "An important conversation?"

Sieg "It's just their usual inane chatter. Give me the tray."


Sieg "Here they are."

Oliver "Finally! We've been looking forward to it."

Prince Sieg starts to explain the different cookie flavors to Prince Oliver."

(I can't imagine Sieg falling in love with anyone...)

(But hearing about him falling in love at first sight, I can't help but wonder...)

Sieg "Hey, 〇〇, you listening?"

〇〇 "Huh?"

Sieg "I asked what kind of nuts are in this one."

〇〇 "Oh, um, those are..."

Prince Hayden turns his gaze on me.

Hayden "Something wrong?"

〇〇 "N-No, nothing's wrong..."

Yet even as I say it...

... I can't bring myself to meet Prince Sieg or Prince Hayden's eyes.


A few days later I have a day off.

I'm lazing about reading a book on desserts and wondering what I'll teach Prince Sieg next.

"Maybe it was love at first sight?"

I suddenly recall what I overheard Prince Oliver saying at the castle.

(Come to think of it, I did have a marriage interview with Sieg as a candidate bride.)

(But I'd completely forgotten it after his terrible treatment of me.)

(And he never actually gave an answer either.)

(No, come on, was it even really a marriage interview in the first place...?)

I'm zoning out while browsing photos of desserts when my cell phone rings.

〇〇 "Hello?"

Hans "Miss 〇〇〇, it's Hans."

Hans "I'm calling with a message from Sieg."

〇〇 "From Sieg?"

- This is the end of your 4th day with Sieg. -

No comments:

Post a Comment